Allen Bike Racks are renowned for their high-quality construction, durability, and ease of use.
Whether you’re a cycling enthusiast who frequently travels with your bike or someone who enjoys occasional bike rides in the park, an Allen bike rack can be an excellent investment.
- Variety of Models: Allen offers a wide range of bike rack models to accommodate different needs and vehicle types. This includes hitch racks, trunk racks, and spare tire racks.
- Capacity: Allen Bike Racks can carry anywhere from 2 to 5 bikes, depending on the model. Higher capacity racks are perfect for family trips or outings with friends.
- Easy Installation: Most Allen bike racks are designed for easy installation and removal. They often come pre-assembled and include all the necessary hardware.
- Secure Transport: Allen bike racks are built to secure your bikes during transport. They feature tie-down systems and padding to protect your bikes from damage.
- Foldable Design: Many models come with a foldable design for easy storage when not in use.
- Durability: Made from high-quality materials, these racks are designed to withstand the rigors of regular use and harsh outdoor conditions.
Choosing the right Allen Bike Rack that aligns with your specific needs, the type of vehicle you have, and the number of bikes you need to transport is important.
Be sure to check vehicle compatibility and weight limit before purchasing.
While specific specifications can vary by model, here are some general specifications you can expect from Allen Bike Racks:
- Material: Most Allen bike racks are made from steel with a black powder-coated finish for durability and rust resistance.
- Weight Capacity: Depending on the model, the total weight capacity can range from 70 lbs for a 2-bike rack to 175 lbs for a 5-bike rack.
- Bike Capacity: Allen offers racks that can hold anywhere from 2 to 5 bikes.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Allen bike racks are designed to fit various vehicles, including sedans, hatchbacks, SUVs, and minivans. Some models are specifically designed for use with trailer hitches or spare tires.
- Installation Hardware: Allen bike racks typically come with all necessary hardware for installation. Some models feature a no-wobble bolt to secure the rack in the hitch.
- Size: The rack size will vary depending on the model and bike capacity. However, many models feature a foldable design for more compact storage.
- Additional Features: Many Allen bike racks include patented tie-down cradles, tilt-away main masts for easy rear vehicle access, and padded spines to protect bikes during transport.
Please note that referring to the specific product model for accurate specs and features is essential.
Allen bike racks have a no-wobble bolt for safety.
The Allen bike racks are made of high-quality materials and feature a no-wobble bolt for safety. The racks are designed for large bicycles, but they also work for smaller bikes.
The racks can accommodate two to four bikes and are easy to install. Unlike other bike racks, Allen bike racks don’t require you to take apart your bike or your rack to use it.
They also take up a minimal amount of space when fully assembled.
Among the best features of Allen bike racks are their no-wobble bolt and no-slip grip. They also come with locking hitch pins and anti-wobble knobs to prevent theft.
They are available in different colors to suit different tastes and needs.
Most racks come with a warranty. However, you should check with the manufacturer for any stipulations before purchasing your rack.
- Easy load 2-bike rack fits either 1 1/4 in. or 2 in. receiver hitches
- Ocking, quick-install hitch insert, and locking bicycle hold-downs deliver security for your rack and bicycles
- Carries bikes with a wheelbase of 35 in. – 50 in.
- Tilts back for easy lift-gate access, and folds up against vehicle when not in use
- Lightweight steel and aluminum design weighs approximately 32 LB
Last update on 2024-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The no-wobble bolt on the Allen bike rack makes transporting bikes a breeze. This patented rack cradles up to four bikes in 22-inch carry arms.
The rack can be set up and disassembled in five minutes or less. It also features an easy-to-use tilting carrying arm and no wobble bolt. In addition, the rack’s single-pin mechanism locks the rack firmly within the hitch.
When deciding which rack to buy, remember that the bike’s size and shape will make a big difference in the installation process.
Typically, larger bikes are more accessible to load than smaller ones. Larger bikes have wider frames that allow them to slide along the arms.
Alternatively, smaller bikes may need an adaptor bar secured to the seat post or headset.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Allen Bike Racks
- Variety of Models: Allen Bike Racks offer various models to fit different needs and vehicle types, providing users flexibility.
- High Capacity: With options to carry up to 5 bikes, Allen bike racks cater to families and groups of cyclists.
- Ease of Use: Most models come pre-assembled and are easy to install and remove.
- Durability: Made from high-quality materials, these racks are designed for durability and can withstand harsh outdoor conditions.
- Secure Transport: Allen bike racks feature secure tie-down systems and padding to protect your bikes during transport.
Cons of Allen Bike Racks
- Compatibility Issues: Some users have reported compatibility issues with certain vehicle models, so checking vehicle fit is important before purchasing.
- Limited Security Features: Some models lack advanced security features such as locks.
- Bike Contact: Some models may contact each other during transport if not properly secured.
Remember, the pros and cons can vary based on the specific model of the Allen Bike Rack. Always consider your individual needs and circumstances when evaluating these factors.
The Allen bike racks come in a wide variety of sizes and configurations. The deluxe and premier models offer two, three, and four bike carriers.
The deluxe models also feature individual tie-down cradles. Some models feature a patented Sure Strap lower strap for additional safety.
- Patented design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV’s consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information.Comes fully assembled set up and installs in seconds 12 inch long carry arms easily accommodate a wide range of bicycle styles and 115 inch wide carry arms for greater bike compatibilityShips in certified frustration free packaging 70 pounds max capacityFolds fully flat for easy storage.Allen’s warranty does not cover items purchased through third-party sellersImportant, please consult manufacturer web page for specific vehicle fit.Target gender : unisex.
- Side straps for increased lateral stability. Single configuration design eliminates setup hassles and headaches during installation
- Individual tie downs secure and protect bicycles
- Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- Comes fully assembled set up and installs in seconds 12 inch long carry arms easily accommodate a wide range of bicycle styles and 115 inch wide carry arms for greater bike compatibility
Last update on 2024-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Other features include a quick-release clip.
Allen bike racks are priced lower than Thule and Yakima, making them a better choice for some bikers. The company also has a detailed fit guide for its products.
Whether you’re looking for a rack for your commute to work or the gym, Allen offers a solution to your cycling needs.
The Allen Deluxe 2-Bike is a versatile trunk mount rack that will fit most vehicles. It can accommodate two bikes and support up to 70 pounds.
It can be used on both sides of a vehicle and has the added benefit of being easy to assemble and disassemble. It includes five nylon straps for extra security.
Allen bike racks have carrier capacities ranging from two to five bikes. Each bike can be up to 35 pounds, so purchasing one with an extra capacity is recommended if you can afford it.
One extra bike will fit perfectly on a small rack, but if you need to carry four bikes, go for the five-bike model.
An anti-wobble bolt on your bike rack is a great way to make your bikes safer. This feature replaces the original bolt and prevents sway and wobble.
Adding a strap to the rack will also help secure the top-heavy portion of the rack to your vehicle. It also helps reduce the risk of left-to-right swaying.
What People Are Saying
Here are some common sentiments shared by users of Allen Bike Racks:
- Ease of Use: Many users appreciate the ease of installation and removal. They also find the instructions clear and straightforward.
- Sturdy Construction: Users often comment on the sturdy construction of these bike racks. They appreciate the high-quality materials used and the durability of the product.
- Value for Money: Several users have mentioned that they believe Allen Bike Racks offer good value for the money, providing a reliable and robust solution at a reasonable price.
- Flexibility: The ability to transport multiple bikes is a huge plus for families or groups of cyclists, according to customers.
However, as with any product, there are some less positive reviews:
- Compatibility Issues: Some users have reported difficulty fitting the rack on specific vehicle models.
- Bike Contact: A few users have mentioned that bikes can touch each other during transport if not adequately secured, potentially leading to scratches or damage.
- Lack of Locking Feature: Some users wish the racks had an integrated lock for added security.
Please note that user experiences can vary widely based on individual expectations, the specific model used, and how it’s used.
Always consider multiple reviews and sources before making a purchase decision.